What is Google Adsense? How to make money with Google Adsense from A-Z (2019)
Making money with Google Adsense is one of the great forms of making money online in the world. The content of this article and related articles about Google Adsense mainly help you understand:
- What is Google Adsense?
- Make money with Google Adsense like?
- How to make the most Google Adsense money?
- Experience registering a Google Adsense account successfully.
In 2019 and many of you, especially newbies, are still quite vague about how to make money from Google Adsense.
Therefore, this article will be very suitable if you:
- New to MMO, want to find a sustainable form of online money.
- Are making money GA but not genuinely effective, want to optimize Google Adsense revenue.
Of course, the sublime tips or tricks from the Google Adsense guruses that earn thousands, tens, thousands, or even hundreds of thousands of dollars per month, I cannot share – because I do not know how they do it?
A/ OVERVIEW OF GOOGLE ADSENSE
1/ What is Google Adsense?
Definition from Google:
“AdSense is a free, simple way to make money by displaying targeted ads next to your online content. With AdSense, you can display engaging and relevant ads to site visitors and can even customize the appearance of your ads to fit your site.”
I like the explanation briefly:
Adsense is a form of making money online by allowing Google to sell ads on your website or YouTube channel.
Put simply, Google Adsense is an advertising network operated by the search giant Google, launched in 2003, allowing publishers to make money by placing ads (in the form of banners, text, images, etc.) on their blogs, websites, Youtube videos, apps.
You have stable website traffic, you can make money with Adsense. You have a YouTube channel that many people watch, you can make money with Adsense.
Google Adsense revenue is calculated by:
- The number of ad impressions (CPM)
- The number of ad clicks (CPC)
2/ Advantages of Google Adsense
The most outstanding advantages of Google Adsense include:
- Being the largest, most prestigious online advertising platform PPC – Pay Per Click in the world. Although there are many other Advertising Networks making money, Google Adsense is still the number 1 with millions of publishers making money every day.
- Easy, free when participating in making money Google Adsense. You only need to own a qualified blog, website, Youtube channel to be able to make money.
- Transparent income data reporting, accurate, and fair payment. Google Adsense pays regularly monthly according to their payment policy. Support many formats, ad sizes.
- You can customize, optimize ads according to the suggestion of Google Adsense.
- A GA account can run ads on many websites.
- Optimized ads related to user behavior and location with automatic targeting help you maximize revenue.
- Advertising click price varies by keyword, country. You can take advantage to earn the most.
⁕⁕⁕Need to distinguish PPC – Pay Per Click and PPM – Pay Per Million View.
3/ Types of Google Adsense accounts
Google Adsense accounts include the following types:
- Google Adsense Hosted Account (GA Hosted): is registered through Google hosting websites such as Youtube, Blogspot. GA Hosted is used to make money with Youtube (Google Adsense Youtube) or blogspot sites without their own domain name. The share ratio is 51/49, you get 51% of the revenue.
- Google Adsense Content Account (GA Content): Google Adsense account for content, used to make money with blogs, websites and even YouTube. Speaking of “making money Adsense” is referring to this account. Google Adsense Content is difficult to register and has the highest value among GA accounts, owning this account is considered to have owned all types of GA in 1. The share rate is 68/32, you get 68% of revenue.
- Google Adsense AdMob Account: Make money advertising in applications and games.
- Google Adsense Search account: Make money from search results on websites and applications like Google Search.
⁕⁕⁕ Within the scope of this article, you need to understand making money with Google Adsense that I am talking about making money with your Google Adsense Content account through websites, personal blogs.
Owning a GA content account is very happy & valuable for every blogger, YouTuber.
To check Adsense account type, go to Settings => Account information => Active products.
How to charge Google Adsense?
Based on the percentage of revenue share, you will know the amount you receive from Google Adsense.
For example, with a Google Adsense Content account on the insurance website, for example, the insurance company pay Google $ 1 for 1 click of ads. At that point, you get 68% or $ 0.68 and Google keeps $ 0.32.
4/ How Google Adsense works
Google Adsense is an intermediary between:
Advertisers: individuals and organizations who want to buy advertising products and services and pay Google through Google Ads.
Publisher: who owns a blog, website, YouTube channel to place ads and make money from Google Adsense.
What is Google Ads?
Google Ads (formerly known as Google Adwords) is Google‘s online advertising program.
Through Google Ads, you can create online ads to promote selling products and services, increasing traffic for your website.
For example, you run Google Ads ads for the keyword “weight gainer”, you pay for Google and your website will be displayed on Google search results without SEO.
AdSense works by matching text ads, display ads with your website content and visitor behavior.
It will deliver ads generated by Google Ads through HTML code installed on the website.
From now on, Google will pay you based on the number of users clicks on the ad or the number of valid ad impressions, depending on the type of ad. Here is the process for GA ads to show:
- You paste the ad code in the position where you want the ad to appear on the website. This code will help display ads with content appropriate to the context of the content on the website.
- Advertisers bid to be displayed on that inventory in real-time auctions. The highest paying ad will appear on your website automatically. Often Google will choose the best ads, most relevant to the content of your website.
- You get money from clicks on ads by CPC prices – the ratio of revenue sharing between you and Google.
- You receive payment from Google Adsense when enough payment.
5/ How does Google Adsense pay?
How to receive payments from Google Adsense, when GA withdrawals, etc. have been explained quite specifically in the following 2 articles:
- Instructions to receive Google Adsense on National banks.
- Instructions for receiving Google money Adsense via Western Union.
Typically, once you make enough money to reach a certain threshold (the default is $ 100), you can receive payments from Google Adsense via:
- Western Union
- National Bank Account
6/ Conditions to register a Google Adsense account
To own a GA Content account, you are required to have a website, blog with your own domain name that meets the Google approval criteria.
Your website needs to meet several conditions: good content, comply with Google policies, have a certain amount of traffic, the number of quality articles from 20-30 articles or more, standard SEO interface, fast loading…
Do not rush to register Adsense without having a website or website that is still sloppy, sketchy content … but have to make it become the most professional before signing up.
Manual censorship by Google and the rejection case is too common if the website does not meet the criteria.
In addition to the website, you need to be over 18 and have a Gmail account to register.
7/ Indicators, terminology in Google Adsense
When making money with Google Adsense, you need to be familiar with some important terms and indicators:
- Clicks: the number of times a user clicked on the ad.
- Impressions: the number of impressions counted for each ad request that returns at least one ad to the site.
- Number of page views: total number of page views. A pageview is created each time a user views a page displaying Google ads.
- CPC (Cost Per Click): cost-per-click, is the amount you receive each time a user clicks on an ad.
- CPM (Cost Per Thousand Impressions): the amount you get per 1,000 ad impressions.
- RPM (Revenue Per 1000 Impressions): revenue per 1,000 impressions, is the estimated revenue you earn for every 1,000 page views or ad impressions. Split into page RPM and ad RPM.
- CTR (Click Through Rate): click rate (%), which is the number of ads clicks divided by the number of page views or the percentage of impressions that led to the click. There is page CTR and ad impression CTR.
- Estimated Earnings: Estimated income for a given period of time. Finalized earnings: the exact gross income withheld all invalid activity such as invalid clicks, rules violations. Finalized earnings will appear in the Payments section.
Estimated earnings formula:
Estimated earnings = Finalized earnings + Invalid click deduction amount
The amount you receive when Google Adsense paid out will be Finalized Earnings.
8/ Google Adsense ad formats
What are Google Adsense ads?
You can set up Google Adsense ads in 2 ways:
- Automatic ads: a group of formats, the ad unit is displayed automatically. Google will consider which ads will display, choose the most effective display position on the website. Google will only display Auto Ads when the website works well and provides a good user experience.
- Ad unit: one or more ads are displayed thanks to a snippet of AdSense ad code. You can create, customize and manage ad units, display ad types, ad sizes in your AdSense account.
5 main types of ad units:
- Display advertising
- Ads in feed
- Advertisement in the article
- Matched content
- Advertising links
- 336 x 280
- 300 x 250
- 728 x 90
- 300 x 600
- 320 x 100
The placements where you insert the ad code will have lots of ads alternately showing at Google‘s discretion.
Google has the ability to display ads according to the behavior and context of the user by using intelligent algorithms to analyze website content, cookies stored in customers’ browsers, advertiser bids, etc. then choose which ad template to display.
For example, when you go to Google to search for products about air conditioners, all the ads with the keyword air conditioner will show when you visit other websites.
Youtube is similar, but it has a more video ad format instead of just a banner or text … and Youtube has fixed ad display positions so you do not need to put HMTL code.
9/ The most popular form of the website to make money with Adsense
You should choose the type of website that brings the highest Adsense revenue and the highest rate of successful GA account review.
Here are some of the most popular websites and blogs when making money with Google Adsense because they often attract many visitors and large amounts of traffic:
- News website
- Knowledge sharing blog, tips, guides
- Blog download documents, software
- Forums, online tool site
The more visitors you have, the more money you have!
10/ Content makes money with the best Google Adsense
To maximize the amount of money earned, your website content should contain keywords and niche topics with high CPC prices.
This helps Google Adsense ads related to that field have more chances to display on your website, when the user clicks, the amount you receive is higher.
There are areas where you make a lot of money with just a few clicks, but there are also areas where a lot of clicks, but you only earn a few coins. That is because CPC prices are related to high or low keywords.
Here are the best topics you should choose when making Google Adsense money:
- Entertainment News
- Health knowledge
- Technology, computers, cars, phones
- Insurance, finance
- Hotel Tourist
- Website design, SEO, …
Topics and fields also need to be “hot”, which means that it must also attract the attention of readers, making your website easier to get high traffic faster.
You should not write clumsy articles, on topics rambling, picky readers.
Advertising click price is also what you need to consider, depending on many factors such as advertising bids, the geographical position of the clickers, the content of the ad … => refer to the 1 click Google Adsense price list.
Here are the top 10 English keywords with the highest CPC today:
- Insurance $58
- CPC Gas/Electricity $54 CPC
- Mortgage $47 CPC
- Attorney $47 CPC
- Loans $44 CPC
- Lawyer $42 CPC
- Donate $42 CPC
- Conference Call $42 CPC
- Degree $40 CPC
- Credit $38 CPC
To see which keywords or topics have high advertising prices, you can use the Google Ads tool.
Advertisers pay Google with different rates for each ad so the amount you earn will vary.
B/ INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE MONEY WITH GOOGLE ADSENSE
The formula for making money with Google Adsense is:
Traffic x CTR x CPC = Revenue
To achieve the highest revenue, you need to increase 3 indicators: CTR, CPC, and Traffic. This is the optimal step of Google Adsense revenue that any publisher needs to do (I will have a separate article on this issue).
Making money with Google Adsense is also often interpreted as follows:
CONTENT + TRAFFIC = MONEY
Based on that, the basic steps to make money with Google Adsense include:
- You create 1 website, blog.
- Build & develop websites so that more people visit them.
- Sign up for a Google Adsense Content account and place GA ads.
- Google Adsense ads displayed on the website.
- You get money when readers visit and click on ads. Receive payments from Google Adsense when the threshold is met.
Details will be explained as below:
#1. Select topics, fields, readers market
Before creating a website, you need to identify the topic, field of the website.
#2. Create Websites
The next step is to create a website, blog with your own domain name.
About how to create a website, you can refer to the following 2 articles:
- Instructions to create blogs on the WordPress platform
- Instructions to create blogs from Blogspot
If you create a Blogspot page, then when you sign up for Adsense, it will be your account GA Hosted. And you need to take another step to upgrade from GA Hosted to GA Content, which is quite time-consuming.
I recommend creating a website using WordPress. This is a CMS platform that is easy to install, use, support SEO and extremely powerful customization.
You need to buy hosting (not using free hosting) + buying domain names (not using free domain names). Domains are very important, helping your website brand develop successfully in the future or not, so you should choose domain names carefully.
=> make important WordPress installations that you have a complete website now.
Regarding the theme of the website theme, you should use simple interfaces, most importantly, optimize SEO that I have summarized here.
After the basic settings, divide your table of contents, website layout, logo, create headers, footers, sidebars in a scientific way.
Do not forget to optimize the website to meet the Google Adsense registration standards that I have shared above.
⁕⁕⁕If you have the budget, you can hire to design more professional websites.
#3. Building website content
The next step is you need to build website content that is very thorough, through:
- Post new articles in each category …
- Create the necessary pages: Introduction, Contact, Policy, …
You should learn how to research keywords, find a niche, learn SEO, write SEO standard content, learn Copywriting / Content Marketing / Online Marketing techniques to have the best quality articles.
Articles should be over 600 words long, with clear images, correct spelling, scientific presentation, no copyright infringement and must comply with Google‘s content policies.
Keep up the schedule of publishing new articles regularly weekly, monthly.
If you do not know how to write, find it too difficult, I recommend that you hire content services.
There are many quality content writing services, SEO standards you can hire online today at quite reasonable costs.
Your website should have between 40-60 quality articles and be regularly published on schedule.
One of the fastest ways to increase website traffic is to write the content that many people want, like, are interested in.
Website content must be useful to users or also unique, it must be unique, novel, catch trend to attract readers, be it: photos, videos, long articles, slides, infographics… as long as the target Topic is highly suggestive.
- Many of you write articles by events, trend keywords, hot news – this is also a fairly effective way to increase traffic.
P/s: There are still people who have signed up for Google AdSense successfully with only 20 – 30 articles, poor traffic, sketchy content, while others have hundreds of articles, lots of traffic but still denied. Obviously, there is hardly any accurate advice for this part and the success rate depends on your luck.
The quality of the content greatly affects the success of the site later so please do it seriously right from the start.
Building this content requires you a lot of time, the core is that you need perseverance.
Don’t be too worried, just do it and learn it gradually in the process of website development.
#4. Sign up for a Google Adsense Content account
There are 2 ways to sign up for a Google Adsense Content account:
- Register directly with your own domain name website
- Upgrade from GA Hosted account to GA Content
With Adsense Hosted account, you create a Blogspot blogger site or YouTube channel, register for a GA Hosted account through Blogspot or Youtube.
Previously, signing up for GA Hosted via YouTube was quite easy, but since 2018, YouTube’s monetization policy requires the channel to reach 1,000 Subscribers and 4,000 watch hours within 12 months to be considered for monetization.
Then, you add your website link to Google for review, if successful, that GA Hosted account will be upgraded to GA Content.
Alternatively, you sign up for Google Adsense directly, if successful, this is the most valuable GA account, but it will be more difficult because Google carefully checks.
You should only register for a GA account after the website has a certain number of articles and traffic, not violating any Google policies (optimized according to the criteria I shared above).
Here are instructions on how to create a Google Adsense account or register for a Google Adsense Content account:
⁕⁕⁕I’m not instructing to register Google Adsense Youtube, but basically the same
+) You visit Adsense homepage => REGISTER NOW or visit: https://www.google.com/adsense/signup/new/lead
Note: The website URL is the website you want to display ads on, the correct form will be:
+) Click SAVE AND CONTINUE to log in to your Google account.
Note: Google only allows 1 person to use 1 Google Adsense account. You cannot use multiple emails on the same computer IP to create multiple accounts.
Select the country to which the website is directed.
Pull down, you tick “Yes, I have read and accepted the agreement.” to accept the AdSense terms.
=> press CREATE ACCOUNT
+) You provide Google Adsense with the billing address details in the customer information section, so record the information according to the ID card:
- Account type: individual.
- Name and address: your full name.
- Address line 1: house number, street name (village/ hamlet/ hamlet), district.
- Address line 2: can be ignored.
- The city or province where you live.
- Postal code of province or city.
- Phone number.
Click SEND. Google may require you to verify by phone number.
+) You need to insert Google Adsense code into WordPress
Google will send you an HTML code to place ads, you copy the code and put in </head> of the website (located in the header.php file).
Current WordPress themes in the Settings section of the theme usually have a Header Code area that allows inserting HTML code without searching for the header.php file.
If there is too much trouble, you can install the Insert Headers and Footers plugin and paste the code into it.
After putting the code on the website => tick on “I’ve pasted the code into my site” => press DONE to complete.
+) You will receive a notification with content Google Adsense will review your website in 3 days or maybe longer.
When results are available, Google will send you a notice.
If nothing goes wrong, you will receive an email as below saying that you have signed up for Google Adsense successfully.
Congratulations on signing up for an Adsense account successfully!
From now on, Google Adsense will be displayed on this website.
Previously, if you had successfully registered a GA account, you could place ad code for every website (<500 sites). However, currently, only websites that have been successfully reviewed by Google can display ads.
To add another website, go to Adsense => Website => ADD SITE.
Google will consider whether the website qualifies or not.
Ready status means the website is ready to show ads.
To place Google Adsense ads for websites, there are several ways as follows:
- You can enable the Automatic Ads feature of Google Adsense => Google will automatically detect the appropriate ad position and display.
- You create the ad unit and copy the code placed in the appropriate location. For example, insert into the Sidebar or Inline Post. I often use the Quick Adsense plugin to insert GA ads.
#5. Increase traffic (traffic) to the website
Any website after creating is looking for ways to increase traffic, views (traffic, visitors) to the website fastest, most.
Website more traffic
=> The more ads click
=> The more you have the more money from Google Adsense.
* To check website traffic, you can use website visitor statistics tools such as Google Analytics, Similarweb.com
Once you have your website and content, you need to promote it to your readers.
In parallel with building website content, you need to learn and implement ways to help attract readers to the website below:
- Focus on making quality content, then pull traffic from social networks by sharing on groups, fanpages, forums …
- Combining SEO (Search Engine Optimization) website to post to the top of Google search through: writing SEO standards, building backlinks, satellite site systems, blog comments, guest posts, …
- Use Paid Traffic – paid advertising, to push articles to the top through: Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Native Ads …
- Use Email Marketing to promote the article.
- Promote via Youtube channel to take advantage of pulling traffic to the article.
Of course, I just recommend the general, and your task is to learn thoroughly to apply each method well.
If you do not know anything, do not worry, actively search for endless sources of knowledge on Google, or you can sign up for courses at centers.
SEO is a way to bring free & sustainable traffic to your website.
For example, you do not know anything about SEO, search keywords “SEO knowledge”, “learn SEO”, “website SEO guide” … on Google.
SEO – search engine optimization, is the essential skills to help blogs, websites have high rankings on the search results pages. SEO is also a long-term blog development that is sustainable, economical, which I recommend.
If SEO is good, your article will be in the top 1, 2 on Google and likely to attract the most traffic.
The work of SEOer – SEO people is quite hard but the results will be extremely interesting: using SEO tools to implement SEO, optimizing SEO On-page, Off-page, link building, keyword research …
The advice is that you should combine as many ways to increase traffic as possible, which will help the website attract traffic faster and more.
In addition, once traffic is available, it is also important to keep visitors on the website for a long time.
The more useful, unique and interesting content, the new will “spread” very quickly, the longer readers stay on the website.
C/ NOTE WHEN MAKING GOOGLE ADSENSE
If you are new, signing up for Google Adsense Content is not easy.
You need to have a website, blog and website content that must be useful to users, meet the requirements of Google in order for Google to approve GA account for you.
Having a complete website and fully meeting such criteria is not easy for a newbie, but you have to go through 1 time to learn and practice.
Even if you have an AdSense account, you can not know when Google will disable ad serving to your website or delete the account (in case you violate Google Adsense policy).
Here are some admonitions when you make money from Google Adsense:
- Completely comply with Adsense program policies by: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/48182?hl=en
- Do not click on the ads on your website or ask your friends and relatives to click.
- Do not use any means to inflate impressions and / or clicks in an unusual manner, including manual methods.
- Do not try to bypass Google by fake IP, change proxy, use cheats cheating, … to increase views, increase clicks automatically …
- Ensure content does not violate any content policies including adult content, shocking, violence, drugs or advocacy of racism, not copyright infringement …
D/ ADVICE OF SELF-LEARNING MMO FOR YOU
Although many people participate, Google Adsense also has some difficult points that you should also know to achieve high income from Adsense.
To make the most money from Adsense, you should:
- It takes time to build and develop a website with a stable income (at least 6-8 months).
- Nearnestly maintains regular writing new articles, updating old posts.
- Optimize website quality, web interface, loading speed, ad placement to improve CTR rate, improve page views, page view time, bounce rate, etc.
- Scale revenue from Google Adsense by expanding the scope of the website such as professional investment, teamwork/hiring writing teams, making more websites …
- Combine with other forms of making money online to maximize income such as Affiliate Marketing, selling products and services, …
Building websites for foreign markets to have higher CPCs.
Once the blog and website are professionally famous and have a lot of traffic, this time it is no different from “an ATM machine that brings you passive money”.
You will have many ways to make money from websites associated with Adsense, such as affiliate marketing, advertising rental, joining other advertising networks, selling products and services, shortening links …
Above is the whole share that I think will be useful for beginners to make money with Google Adsense.
If you have any other questions related to making money with Adsense, do not forget to leave a message for me below the comment section!
Read more related products:
1/“ HOW TO MAKE MONEY FROM AFFILIATE MARKETING THROUGH BLOG, WEBSITE “ GUIDE >>>Click here to read more<<<
1/ TERMS IN AFFILIATE MARKETING >>>Click here to read more<<<
1/ SEO: From A To Z (Tips & Tricks From Hudareview.com) >>>Click here to read more<<<